How to make your banana pancakes healthy?
Mix bananas and oat flakes and you will get very healthy pancakes! The oats bring you a lot of fiber and the bananas are a greats source of vitamins and contain very little fat. I usually serve them with plain yogurt or my homemade ricotta cheese, but this time I served them with my chocolate ganache! Very easy to make and soo good! You cannot go wrong – chocolate and banana is a classic combination.
When to prepare the batter?
You can prepare the batter the previous night. That way the oats get a little softer but be aware that the batter might become darker. Do not worry, the batter is still good to be cooked. It changed color because of the bananas – as you all know, they tend to change color while exposed to air or other ingredients. I prefer to make my banana pancakes in the morning from start to final product. I really like the crunchy texture you get from the oats this way:) This recipe is great for a brunch as well.
Banana Oat Pancakes with Chocolate Ganache
Banana Oat Pancakes
- 3 bananas
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 150 g bitter-sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cacao powder
Banana Oats Pancakes
- Put all your ingredients into a large mixing bowl.
- Mix everything with a hand blender until smooth consistency.
- Spread a little bit of vegetable oil at the bottom of your skillet and put the skillet on a medium fire.
- Pour one ladle of the batter and fry your pancake for about 2 minutes on each side.
- Do the same for the rest of your pancakes.
- Pour the milk into a saucepan. Place the saucepan on a low fire.
- Add all the other ingredients and keep mixing with a whisk constantly until smooth texture. This should take about 10 minutes on a low fire.
Leave a Comment