Tzatziki is one of my favorite side dishes. I used it as a dip, served with julienned vegetables and some pitas. My kids loved it! But most of the time I use it as a sauce to go with my fish and chips, or my pork or chicken pitas! I have a confession, I am addicted to garlic in any shape or form: in a sauce, roasted, in a salad, in a dip. Wherever there is garlic, count me in! 🙂
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh dill (finely chopped)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1/2 lemon lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed)
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber (grated with a cheese grater)
- Put the Greek yogurt in a bowl, add salt and pepper. Don't mix yet, otherwise it will become too liquid.
- Pour the olive oil, the lemon juice, add the crushed garlic.
- Finally, using a cheese grater, grate the cucumber into the bowl and mix carefully, taste and adjust salt and pepper as desired.