How to make oat banana cookies?
There are many recipes out there that require many steps and honestly, I am not a big fan. I have so many things to do in a day, I really don’t want to break my head over a recipe. Therefore, I am always looking for a way to reinvent a recipe with the simplest steps and very easy to follow. For that reason, I reinvented the banana – oat – chocolate cookies. They are so easy to make, even my kids can make them:)
I think in this recipe you can count 4 steps!
The first step; put all the ingredients together, in a stand mixer and mix carefully.
The second step; scoop the dough, with an ice cream spoon onto a baking sheet.
Third step; cook them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
The fourth step; cool them on a tray.
How to eat oat banana cookies:)?
With a nice tea, or coffee? On the run to get kids from school or in the middle of the night with a nice glass of warm milk, when insomnia comes and knock at your door;)!
Banana Oat Chocolate Cookies
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips (bittersweet)
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 3 banana
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven at 375 degrees. Place the grill in the middle.
- Put all the ingredients, in a large stand mixer and mix carefully.
- Prepare two baking sheets. Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet, using an ice cream spoon.
- Cook them at 375 degrees for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes verify with a knife if the center of the cookies is cooked. The knife should come out clean, but you might have some melted chocolate on it. That is fine:) When, they are ready to let them cool down on a cooling tray.