These are my kids’ favorite pancakes. Add some fresh fruits on top and you have a complete breakfast. Yummy!
Cottage Cheese Pancakes
Quantity for: 20 pancakes
This recipe will give 20 pancakes. Don't worry, if ever you have leftovers, you can easily reheat them the next morning or serve them with ice cream for a quick dessert!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil for cooking
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 lemon with his juice and his zest
- 500 g cottage cheese
- In a large mixing bowl, add the eggs, cottage cheese, salt, brown sugar, yogurt, baking soda, baking powder, lemon zest, lemon juice, milk and mix them carefully and vigorously. I do it by hand not to wake up everybody. If you want, you can easily use a mixer.
- When all your ingredients are well mixed, you can add flour one cup at a time. Mix until homogeneous.
- Pour some vegetable oil into a small bowl. Using a small brush, spread some oil into the pan.
- Pour one ladle of the batter into the pan. Cook your pancakes on a medium-low fire.
- Wait for the bubbles to form on top of the first side of the pancake. When you see many of these bubbles, flip your pancake and cook on the other side for about 2 minutes. Cooking time per pancake is about 2 minutes for each side.
Best cheese pancakes ever!